[Libs-Or] Unofficial election results

Diedre Conkling diedre08 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 10:58:13 PST 2009

I can't tell you how thrilled we are in Lincoln County right now.

We had a very hard working group of volunteers headed up by the Lincoln
County Library District's Board President, Chris Boyle.  They really did
everything right from working on the ballot measure language, handing out
information, writing letters to the editor, putting up lawn signs, going on
radio talk shows and placing affective newspaper ads at just the right
time.  Oh yes, and they contributed enough money to do it all.

We lost in the November 2008 election but with the passage of Measure 56 in
that election we were given more election options.  It opened up all of the
May and November ballots to us since we are in a position where we could
never count on getting a double majority.

Then during the 2009 Legislative Session HB 3237,
http://www.leg.state.or.us/09reg/measpdf/hb3200.dir/hb3237.en.pdf , was
passed which made a great change to the required ballot measure language and
allowed us to say this was a renewal of our local option tax and not a new
tax.
Sometimes the political process really works in our favor.

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 10:41 AM, Mary Mayberry <
mayberry_mary_l at oslmac.osl.state.or.us> wrote:

>  Here are the unofficial Nov. 3, 2009 election results for Lincoln County
> Library District's funding measure:
>
>    #21-133 - Local Option Tax for Library Funding
>
>       *YES            5,797*
>
>         NO           2,292
>
>   99% of the votes have been counted.

Diedre Conkling