[Libs-Or] Job Announcement: Part Time Systems Librarian at Oregon College of Oriental Medicine (Portland, OR)
lanamt at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 10:12:58 PST 2009
The Oregon College of Oriental Medicine seeks a motivated, creative,
talented, and dependable, *Part Time Systems Librarian.*
This one-year, grant funded position is responsible for the successful
migration of OCOM bibliographic data and implementation of the new
integrated library system on the Portland health library consortium catalog.
This position is also responsible for ensuring quality cataloging and
material processing to optimize findability and access. This position may
also assist with special projects at the request of the College Librarian.
*Areas of Responsibility:*
- Oversee and perform extensive quality control on all bibliographic data
- Oversee data conversion from text-based records to OCLC MARC format
- Troubleshoot library systems
- Maintain statistics and evaluate effectiveness of ILS system and other
- Develop and maintain training materials on the new catalog, including
in person training, webinars, and other methods to be determined
- Meet regularly with implementation team to discuss the project and
ensure that it is on schedule
- Catalog and process new materials
- Hire, train, and manage the work of library work-study students
- An ALA accredited Master's degree in Library Science (MLS/MLIS) from an
accredited college or university is required.
- Previous experience as a systems administrator is highly desirable; and
experience with Millenium III System and WorldCat Local preferred
- Previous experience cataloging and processing materials is required
- Previous experience and/or training in an academic or medical library
is highly desirable
*Salary and Hours:*
This is a grant-funded 0.5 FTE position that pays $20/hour and is eligible
for benefits. Anticipated start date is February 1, 2010, 12-month duration.
Please note: All applicants must pass a criminal background check and prove
authorization to work in the United States at the time of position offer.
* To apply for this position:
Qualified applicants should email a cover letter and CV to Lana Thelen,
College Librarian, at librarian at ocom.edu no later than *December 11, 2009*.
The cover letter should specifically indicate relevant experience and
Position will remain open until filled. No phone calls, please.
The Oregon College of Oriental Medicine is a non-profit, equal opportunity
Lana Thelen | College Librarian
Oregon College of Oriental Medicine
librarian at ocom.edu
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or