[Libs-Or] Adventures in Libraryland

Bacina, Susan susan.bacina at oregonstate.edu
Wed Nov 18 14:19:44 PST 2009

sup*port*abil*i*ty =  OLA Support Staff Division blog

Along with news about support staff doings, the OLA Support Staff
Division blog includes a section called "Adventures in Libraryland".

This short essay (1,000 words or less) section is open to any SSD
member.   An essay can be on any topic relevant to the library world and
can be as broad or as narrow as the writer wants it to be.   We only ask
that it be in a positive vein -- we don't want it deteriorating into a
gripe session board.  Though griping with solutions offered is OK -- we
call that "constructive whining".   :-)

A few ideas :
Your thoughts on support staff certification (see Susan G.'s current
post)
Something about your specific job or dept., or your library in general
Library Technology -- past, present, or future
A Day in the Life
The current economic situation's effect on your library and/or your job
Funny or touching stories about actual events in your library
Conference reports
Library article and book reviews
Even some short library related fiction or poetry
Anything you can come up with.......

If interested in posting, send your essay, etc., to Sarah Cunningham at
cunningham_sarah at oslmac.osl.state.or.us