[Libs-Or] Hand Sanitizers and alcohol poisoning

Leah Griffith leah.griffith at newbergoregon.gov
Tue Oct 20 09:53:27 PDT 2009

Hi all,

One of my board members is an early childhood educator and she reminded me at our board meeting last week that child care centers are not supposed to be using hand sanitizers at all due to the potential for children to lick/eat the sanitizer and get alcohol poisoning.  Apparently a pretty small amount can make a child ill.

So... we are still keeping out our sanitizers, but the one in the children's room is behind the desk and the others are up on counters.

Just thought you'd want to know one more thing to think about with H1N1  ;-)

Leah
Leah M. Griffith
Director,   Newberg Public Library
503 E. Hancock      Newberg,  OR  97132
P  503.537.1256         F 503.538.9720
P Think Green - Only print message if needed and then recycle!