[Libs-Or] [Etude] The autumn 2009 issue of Etude is here

Michael Werner mwerner1 at uoregon.edu
Fri Oct 30 16:30:28 PDT 2009

The autumn 2009 issue of

Etude: The Journal of Literary Nonfiction

is here

http://etude.uoregon.edu

In this issue…

THOMAS GIBBS, M.D. struggles to help a patient.
MICHELLE THERIAULT searches for sea otters.
MARC DADIGAN goes to the fights.
KATHERINE GRIES tries to get a good night’s sleep.
JOHN R. CORRIGAN remembers important lessons.

In LISTEN UP, our audio feature, JACK HART, national writing coach and
author of A Writer’s Coach, talks about narrative techniques in news
writing.

In WIDE ANGLE, our multi-media feature, Etude’s own MICHAEL WERNER and
KATIE CAMPBELL chronicle the experiences and transformative art of
World War II-era pacifists at Camp Waldport on the Oregon coast.

Plus…

ISOLDE RAFTERY interviews the inestimable (and delightfully
curmudgeonly) Barbara Ehrenreich.

TERESA BARKER explores books that place little actors on a big stage.

LAUREN KESSLER bids adieu to another book manuscript.

---
Michael James Werner
Visiting Instructor of News/Editorial Journalism
University of Oregon, School of Journalism and Communication

Associate Editor, Etude: The Journal of Literary Nonfiction
http://etude.uoregon.edu
1275 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-1275
(541) 346-4416

"We need men who can dream of things that never were."
- John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963