[Libs-Or] On-site trainings for Gale databases - places, times, and registration

Ann Reed reed_ann at oslmac.osl.state.or.us
Wed Sep 2 10:39:17 PDT 2009

We now have dates, times and firm locations for on-site Gale database training in Oregon this fall.  On-site trainings are presentation style.  Some facilities may have computers available for attendees to practice afterwards.  The attached PDF gives location details and will also be posted on the Gale implementation site shortly.

There is a link to register for on-site training at: http://library.state.or.us/services/surveys/survey.php?sid=561

On September 9, there is also an opportunity for institutions to connect to trainings via Polycom.  The registration survey indicates this as an option, and asks for the person at the desired polycom site to contact so technicians at Blue Mountain Community College can set up the connection.  We will be forwarding the list of institutions who have already expressed a desire for a Polycom connection to BMCC.  Likewise, we will input any emails we have received into the registration form.

If you are not able to open the attachment or have any questions, please contact Ann Reed, at 503-378-5027 or ann.reed at state.or.us.

The basic dates and times are:

September 9, Wednesday, Pendleton, 8:30-11:30am
September 9, Wednesday, Polycom, 8:30-11:30am
September 9, Wednesday, Pendleton, 2:00-5:00pm
September 9, Wednesday, Polycom, 2:00-5:00pm
September 10, Thursday, The Dalles, 9:00am-12:00pm
September 10, Thursday, The Dalles, 2:00-5:00pm
September 11, Friday, Portland, 9:00am-12:00pm
September 11, Friday, Portland, 2:00-5:00pm

October 13, Tuesday, Eugene, 9:00am-12:00pm
October 13, Tuesday, Eugene, 2:00-5:00pm
October 14, Wednesday, Bend, 12:00pm-3:00pm

October 27, Tuesday, Tualatin, 9:00am-12:00pm

November 3, Tuesday, Medford, 9:00am-12:00pm
November 3, Tuesday, Medford, 2:00-5:00pm
November 4, Wednesday, North Bend, 2:00-5:00pm
November 5, Thursday, Salem, 2:00-5:00pm
November 6, Friday, Salem, 9:00am-12:00pm

Ann Reed, Federal Programs Coordinator
Library Development Services
Oregon State Library
250 Winter St.