[Libs-Or] Final Gale Webinar is Today // Other Gale Trainings

Jennifer Maurer maurer_jennifer at oslmac.osl.state.or.us
Thu Sep 3 09:04:19 PDT 2009

Hi,

Our Gale trainer will host the final "Welcome to Gale" webinar today, September 3rd, from 4:00 to 5:00 pm.

Kurt will introduce you to the 18 databases in our statewide package and explain the very basics of the interface.
.        Registration:  No need to register.
.        Equipment:  You need a computer with an Internet connection and a phone.  Cell phones are fine.
.        Instructions:  View or download a PDF with instructions here: http://www.galesupport.com/oregon/webinar.pdf.  Be sure to read it before joining a session as it provides some good tips for making sure your computer is webinar-ready.
.        Identify Your Library:  When logging in to the webinar, please use the space marked Company to identify your library.

There will be 16 on-site Gale trainings around the state over the course of ten days between September and November.  I've attached the schedule.  We are fortunate to get such a large commitment from Kurt.  If attending is not an option, consider sending some representatives from your library/system to learn and act as local "experts."

You have to register if you plan to attend an on-site training.  http://library.state.or.us/services/surveys/survey.php?sid=561

Finally, there are also database-specific webinars offered by Gale regularly (you have to register, but it's free) and opportunities for self-study.  Click on Training Opportunities towards the top left of the Gale transition site for more details.  www.galesupport.com/oregon

Thanks,
Jen

Jennifer Maurer
School Library Consultant