[Libs-Or] Twitter question...

Shannon Van Kirk SVanKirk at bluecc.edu
Fri Sep 4 11:08:18 PDT 2009

Since the statute defines a public record as "any writing that

*	Contains information that relates to the conduct of the public's
business
*	Is prepared, owned, used or maintained by a public body
*	Regardless of physical form or characteristics. "

and does not exempt tweets in the following paragraph, it looks like
tweets are covered.

Happy archiving!

--shannon

Shannon Van Kirk, Director

Blue Mountain Community College Library

Pendleton, OR 97801

Voice: (541) 278-5916

FAX: (541) 276-6119

<shannon.vankirk at bluecc.edu>

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This communication, including any attachment,
contains information that may be confidential or privileged, and is
intended solely for the entity or individual to whom it is addressed. If
you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and
are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of
this message is strictly prohibited. Nothing in this email, including
any attachment, is intended to be a legally binding signature.