[Libs-Or] Position Opening Annoucement Young Adult Librarian Vancouver Community Library Vancouver, WA 40 hrs/week

Lila Erickson lerickson at fvrl.org
Tue Sep 15 16:52:00 PDT 2009

YOUNG ADULT LIBRARIAN, Vancouver, Washington

The Vancouver Community Library, located in Vancouver, Washington, seeks a self-motivated, energetic, team-oriented, creative, tech-savvy individual to join the staff as a Young Adult Librarian.  Be part of the Vancouver Library team as we plan for our move to a new 83,000 square foot library in  2011!!  This position offers the opportunity to provide services to the young adults in our community, as well as provide reference services to all Vancouver Community Library and Fort Vancouver Regional Library District patrons.

Duties include providing reference services for patrons of all ages, with a special emphasis on YA services, which includes programming and collection maintenance for middle school and high school youth.  You will work with the Youth Services Manager and other staff to develop and provide programming and services for young adults. This position will report to the Information Services Manager, and also work closely with Information Services staff to deliver in-person, phone, email, and chat reference services, working daily on the Information Desk; the duties also include providing second level reference for all branches in our 3-county library system.

This position requires working with young adults, technological literacy, a commitment to providing excellent public service, a sincere love of working closely with the public, and an interest in continuing professional development.

Qualifications:  Requires an MLS/MLIS from an ALA accredited school, at least two years of library experience, and two years experience working with young adults in a library or school setting.  Go to www.fvrl.org – About Us—Employment opportunities for more position information.

Salary range starts at:  $3364.00 per month.  Excellent employer benefit package.

Open until filled: applicant review begins October 6, 2009.

To apply, submit cover letter, resume, application form, and three professional references to:

HR Department
Fort Vancouver Regional Library District
1007 E. Mill Plain Blvd.
Vancouver, WA  98663

Or, via email in Word format to:

hr at fvrl.org  (include job title in subject line)