[Libs-Or] CSD Mock Caldecott Workshop Registration Open

Rick Samuelson ricks at wccls.org
Wed Sep 16 15:46:40 PDT 2009

Hi again,

I am pleased to report that Registration for the Children's Services
Division & Multnomah County Library sponsored Mock Caldecott Workshop is
now open:

https://web.memberclicks.com/mc/quickForm/viewForm.do?orgId=ola&formId=6
6328

Please join us for the best picture book experience you are likely to
have this year!  For those who have never attended, this is a great
chance for you to learn about the art of picture books and how ALA's
Caldecott Committee works.  Presenters this year include: Nell Coburn,
Chair of last year's Caldecott Committee & Suzanne Harold, member of
this year's Committee.  Participants will have the chance to work
through the group process and select the picture book title they feel is
most deserving of the 2010 award.

The workshop will take place at the Springfield Public Library on
Saturday December 5th.  Registration cost is $15 and includes morning
coffee, lasagna lunch, and an afternoon snack!

Don't miss this one.  I'm cutting my vacation short so that I won't!
This is my favorite workshop of the year!

Also, stay tuned for registration information on the CSD/CAYAS/MCL
sponsored Mock Newbery taking place on January 9th at Multnomah County
Library's Central Library.

Email me with any questions.

I apologize for the cross-posting.

Bye!

Rick Samuelson, Youth Services Librarian
Chair - Children's Services Division of OLA
Washington County Cooperative Library Services
111 NE Lincoln, MS 58A
Hillsboro, OR 97124
(503) 648-9809   5#
ricks at wccls.org