[Libs-Or] Oregon Library Personnel Continuing Education Project: Regional Meetings, Partial Schedule

Ruth Metz ruthmetz at spiretech.com
Thu Apr 8 10:55:06 PDT 2010

Regional meetings for the Oregon Library Personnel Continuing Education
needs assessment will begin next week and continue through May. This is to
notify you of the meeting schedule in Coastal Oregon, central Oregon, and
the Columbia River Gorge.  The meeting schedule is not yet complete for
central Oregon; Portland metro,  Willamette Valley, and eastern Oregon
regions are in the scheduling stage but are not confirmed at this time.  As
meetings are added, I will post them to libs.or.

As previously announced, (March 14, 2010) Portland Community College is the
fiscal agent for an LSTA-funded continuing education needs assessment and
options study for Oregon library personnel. Donna Reed, PCC Director of
Libraries, is the project manager and I am the consultant coordinator for
the project. Several regional consultants are helping to gather data in
their regions for the needs assessment, including through these regional
meetings.

Date

County

Region

Facilitator

Time

Location

April 14

Jefferson

central Oregon

Tim Smith

 9:00- 10:30 a.m.

Jefferson County Library, Madras

April 16

Deschutes

central Oregon

Tim Smith

 4:00 - 5:30  p.m.

Bend Library

April 16

Lincoln, Coastal Lane

coastal

Wyma Rogers

10:30 a.m. - noon

Newport Public Library

April 22

Deschutes

central Oregon

Tim Smith

8:30 - 10:00 a.m.

 Bend Library

April 23

Hood River, Wasco

Columbia River Gorge

Ruth Metz

 1:00- 2:30  p.m.

Columbia Gorge Community College

May 18

Clatsop, Tillamook

coastal

Wyma Rogers

 1:00 - 2:30 p.m.

Manzanita Public Library

May 19

Coos, Curry

coastal

Wyma Rogers

 3:30 - 5:00 p.m.

Coos Bay

So that we can plan our meetings well, please register directly with the
regional consultant in your region.  For your convenience, the locations and
other details of the meetings scheduled thus far are posted on the NW
Central website. If it is more convenient for you to attend a meeting in a
region other than where you live or work, you are welcome to do so. Again,
contact the regional consultant for the meeting you wish to attend.

Aletha Bonebrake (eastern Oregon, alethaboneb at msn.com)

Connie Christopher (Portland metro/Columbia River Gorge,
conniechristopher at centurytel.net)

Pam North (Willamette Valley, msinfo at comcast.net)

Wyma Rogers (Pacific coastal Oregon, wyma at charter.net)

Tim Smith (central Oregon, tende7 at hotmail.com)

 Cessa Vichi (southern Oregon, Cessavichi at yahoo.com)

We are very excited about learning from you about your C.E. needs and ideas.
Keep in mind that following the regional meetings, we will ask all Oregon
library personnel to participate in an e-survey in June.  Following the "all
library personnel" survey, there will also be a library managers' e-survey,
for we want to learn of both individual needs and organizational needs.

Finally, we are sensitive to the fact that e-surveys seem to abound. We are
being mindful of this in crafting these sequential surveys.

Best regards,

Ruth Metz

Ruth Metz Associates

Portland OR