[Libs-Or] Senator Merkley's Office Needs to Hear From You Today

Jim Scheppke jim.b.scheppke at state.or.us
Mon Apr 12 08:14:14 PDT 2010

Dear Colleagues:

As the list at the bottom of the message from ALA indicates, our Senator
Merkley is still a holdout on the library funding letter. That means his
office has not gotten enough calls and emails. Do it today ...

Contact Caitie Whelan today: 202-224-3753 or
caitie_whelan at merkley.senate.gov

We need both Oregon Senators to support increased funding for libraries. If
your library has applied for an LSTA grant this year, you need to call to
make sure we have the funds we need to make the grants. If your library
benefits from statewide database licensing, Plinkit, L-net, OSLIS or other
programs funded with LSTA funds you need to call today so that we¹ll have
the money we need to fund these needed programs.

Please call or email today!

Jim Scheppke, State Librarian
Oregon State Library
250 Winter St. NE
Salem, OR 97301
503-378-4367
(fax) 503-585-8059
jim.b.scheppke at state.or.us

Go Green, Keep it on screen - think before you print.