[Libs-Or] We Did It!

Jim Scheppke jim.b.scheppke at state.or.us
Wed Apr 14 12:57:43 PDT 2010

Dear Colleagues:

I just heard from the ALA Washington Office that Senator Merkley has signed
the library funding "Dear Appropriator" letter. Senator Wyden signed a week
or so ago. Oregon is among a handful of states with both their Senators
signed on to increasing funding for both LSTA and Improving Literacy Through
School Libraries grants.

My thanks to everyone who contacted Senator Merkley¹s office. If you would
like to follow-up with a thank-you call or email to both our Senator¹s
offices that would be great.

This shows that our Congresspersons will listen if we make our voices heard.

Jim Scheppke, State Librarian
Oregon State Library
250 Winter St. NE
Salem, OR 97301
503-378-4367
(fax) 503-585-8059
jim.b.scheppke at state.or.us

Go Green, Keep it on screen - think before you print.