[Libs-Or] [Etude] The spring 2010 issue of Etude is here

Michael Werner mwerner1 at uoregon.edu
Fri Apr 30 16:20:10 PDT 2010

The spring 2010 issue of

Etude: The Journal of Literary Nonfiction

is here

http://etude.uoregon.edu

In this issue…

AMANDA PEACHER chronicles the challenges of adopting a special needs
child.
THOMAS FRANK profiles a multi-tasking maestro.
ISOLDE RAFTERY offers glimpses into the expanding world of an
octogenarian.
JAMIE LAY delves into the therapeutic power of horses.
KIRSTEN GIEBUTOWSKI travels across the Ukraine by rail.

In LISTEN UP, our audio feature, SUZANNE MOORE, designer and lettering
artist,   talks about the book as a work of art.

In WIDE ANGLE, our multi-media feature, we present a documentary by
LORIE      ANNE ACITO about Cottolengo Filipino, an orphanage in the
Philippines for poor andabandoned children with disabilities.

Plus…

Legendary political reporter ROBERT SAM ANSON sits for an interview
with Thomas Frank.

LISA HEYAMOTO sounds off about the narcissism of modern-day stunt
journalism.

LAUREN KESSLER refuses to write about the iPad.

Our thoughtful reviewers comment on eleven new literary nonfiction
books on topics ranging from trains to taxidermy, literary obsession
to love.

Etude is published quarterly by the Literary Nonfiction program at the
University of Oregon’s School of Journalism and Communication.

As always, we encourage and invite your comments.  Use the “contact
us” link on the magazine’s website.

Look for our SUMMER 2010 issue on July 31.
All back issues are archived at our site.