[Libs-Or] Book on 21st Century Skills Now Available at State Library

Jennifer Maurer jennifer.maurer at state.or.us
Mon Aug 2 10:43:40 PDT 2010

The following title is now available for interlibrary loan from the Oregon State Library.

[21st century skills book.jpg]

Trilling, Bernie, and Charles Fadel. 21st Century Skills: Learning for Life in Our Times. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass, 2009. ISBN: 978-0-470-47538-6

Normally we do not add books on general education topics to our Library and Information Science collection; however, this donated offering ties strongly to the work of school and academic librarians. In this well-reviewed book, Trilling and Fadel expand on the background and concepts of the Partnership for 21st Century Skills<http://www.p21.org/> (P21). Some of the library-related skills specifically listed in P21's Framework (rainbow) of 21st Century Learning<http://www.p21.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=254&Itemid=120> include information, media, and technology literacy. To view the table of contents<http://www.21stcenturyskillsbook.com/excerpts.php> and preview video clips<http://www.21stcenturyskillsbook.com/media.php> included in the accompanying DVD, visit the website created for the book<http://www.21stcenturyskillsbook.com/index.php>.

To request this or other titles, send your full name, the name of your library, complete title information, work site shipping address, and a phone number to the document delivery department at library.request at state.or.us<https://oslmail.osl.state.or.us/owa/redir.aspx?C=0f429e3af82b49cbac87cb9b3626d28b&URL=mailto%3alibrary.request%40state.or.us> or (fax) 503-588-7119.

Be sure to check out our Library and Information Science (LIS) blog (http://osl-lis.blogspot.com/) to discover the most recent additions to our LIS collection, and search our catalog (http://oregon.gov/OSL/index.shtml) for our complete holdings. The library science collection is meant to support the whole Oregon library community.  The Library Development Division welcomes your suggestions for acquisitions.  See the blog for an input form or email us.

This collection is supported with LSTA funds administered by the Oregon State Library.

Thanks,
Jen

Jennifer Maurer
School Library Consultant