[Libs-Or] [Fwd: [alacro-l] I Love My Librarian]

Suzanne Sager bvss at pdx.edu
Wed Aug 11 12:05:40 PDT 2010

FYI

Suzanne L. Sager
Oregon ALA Chapter Councilor

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[alacro-l] I Love My Librarian
Date: 	Wed, 11 Aug 2010 15:03:02 -0400
From: 	Don Wood <dwood at ala.org>
To: 	<alacro-l at ala.org>

NEWS

For Immediate Release

August 11, 2010

Contact: Megan Humphrey

mhumphrey at ala.org <mailto:mhumphrey at ala.org>

*Library supporters encouraged to nominate librarians for national I
Love My Librarian Award*

NEW YORK – Nominations are now open for the 2010 Carnegie Corporation of
New York/New York Times I Love My Librarian Award.

The award invites library users nationwide to recognize the
accomplishments of librarians in public, school, college, community
college and university libraries for their efforts to improve the lives
of people in their community. Nominations run through Sept. 20 and are
being accepted online at
http://www.ilovelibraries.org/lovemylibrarian/home.cfm

Up to 10 librarians will be selected. Each will receive a $5,000 cash
award, a plaque and a $500 travel stipend to attend an awards ceremony
and reception in New York, hosted by The New York Times in December.

Each nominee must be a librarian with a master’s degree from a program
accredited by the ALA in library and information studies or a master’s
degree with a specialty in school librarianship from an educational unit
accredited by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher
Education. Nominees must be currently working in the United States in a
public library, a library at an accredited two- or four-year college or
university or at an accredited K-12 school.

In 2008, Carnegie Corporation of New York awarded the American Library
Association (ALA) $489,000 to support the award, which will continue
annually through 2012. The award continues in the tradition of one The
New York Times presented from 2001 to 2006.

Last year, more than 3,200 library users nationwide nominated a
librarian. For more information on last year’s winners, visit
http://www.ilovelibraries.org/lovemylibrarian/home.cfm

Megan Humphrey

Manager, The Campaign for America's Libraries

American Library Association

312-280-4020

mhumphrey at ala.org <mailto:mhumphrey at ala.org>

@ your library