[Libs-Or] Interlibrary and Interagency Cooperation

Cindy Gibbon cindyg at multcolib.org
Thu Dec 16 10:25:42 PST 2010

Amy--I think what this means is that if your library has any
intergovernmental or inter-agency  agreements, the policies, procedures and
etc. for those agreements should be in writing.

An example would be the Metropolitan Interlibrary Exchange (MIX) agreement
that exists among the library systems in the Portland Metro Area.  We have a
written reciprocal services agreement that has been adopted by the governing
bodies of all the library systems involved (ie the Boards of County
Commissioners in the case of the Oregon members or the Library Board of
Trustees in the case of FVRL).

PLD Board members, if I've got this wrong please correct me!

Cindy

*Cindy Gibbon*
Senior Library Manager
Access and IT Services