[Libs-Or] invite to membership in ODLC / Lib2go

Heidi Nowak hnowak at co.klamath.or.us
Tue Jan 19 15:10:00 PST 2010

Our Oregon Digital Library Consortium (ODLC) is in its fifth successful year. We are made up of mostly public and some academic libraries across the state supporting each other and collaborating to provide downloadable materials to our patrons. Our collection, purchased through Overdrive, includes thousands of downloadable audio books and videos for adults and children.  Thanks to funding through an LSTA grant, ODLC will be adding downloadable e-books to our site in March. http://library2go.lib.overdrive.com/20241C45-4594-4CF9-8975-745CC1204F58/10/346/en/default.htm

We are organized with bylaws, a governing board, and committee chairs who's many hands make light work for all. Annual maintenance fees for membership in ODLC are based on population served, require a $1,500 start up fee and may require SIP license fees. Groups of libraries sharing the same server can be added under one fee.

I'd like to invite any Oregon library seeking access to these materials to join us. Deadline for application is March 1st. Please contact me for more information.

Heidi Nowak, ODLC Chair
Klamath County Library
126 S. Third St.
Klamath Falls, OR 97601