[Libs-Or] OHEN Homeschool Convention

Stephanie Nystrom steph at nystromengineering.com
Sat Jan 23 11:33:03 PST 2010

You read the subject line correctly - the OHEN Conference is now the OHEN Convention! Why the name change? We felt that "Convention" better captures a day filled with hands-on workshops and activities.

Conference: a meeting of lectures & discussion; a meeting to discuss serious matters such as policy or business

Convention: a meeting or gathering of people with common interest or like-minded ideas

If you would like an updated 2010 OHEN Convention Flyer, please go to http://www.ohen.org/convention and click on "Flyer".

A big thank you to Rick Samuelson, Jana Hoffman and Karen McElravy who will be presenting a workshop on "Partnering with Your Public Library" at the OHEN Convention!

We have had a great response to our offer of Homeschooling in Oregon sessions! We have presented sessions in Stayton and Milwaukie so far this month and are looking forward to visiting Wilsonville, Canby and Hillsboro soon. Please let us know if you would to host a Homeschooling in Oregon session at your library.

If you have purchased an OHEN Homeschool Resource Guide, please look for your first updates in May.

Stephanie Nystrom
OHEN Information Coordinator
webmaster at ohen.org
503-695-6112

The Oregon Home Education Network (OHEN) is the state's first and largest, inclusive, nonprofit, volunteer-run organization, dedicated to the support of all of Oregon’s homeschooling families.