[Libs-Or] INFORMATION Fwd: [District Dispatch] ALA Washington Office Webinar: The One Thing That ALWAYS Works in Getting Policymakers to Listen

Diedre Conkling diedre08 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 11:00:45 PDT 2010

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jacob Roberts <jroberts at alawash.org>
Date: Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 7:31 AM
Subject: [District Dispatch] ALA Washington Office Webinar: The One Thing
That ALWAYS Works in Getting Policymakers to Listen
To: district at ala.org

FULL POST: http://nblo.gs/5OEie
--
District Dispatch has posted a new item, 'ALA Washington Office Webinar: The
One Thing That ALWAYS Works in Getting Policymakers to Listen'

Join us for a Webinar on July 27

In this ALA Washington office webinar we’ll reveal the secrets to getting
policymakers at all levels – whether your local city councilperson, a state
legislator or a member of the U.S. Congress – to take libraries seriously.
If you’re looking for more funding, a better policy environment or just a
little positive attention, this is the session for you!

We’ll outline the differences between being heard and being agreed with and
how you can move policymakers from one side to the other.  We'll also look
at
five critical steps to capturing the attention and support of your
policymakers
that are effective either as a follow-up for attendees of the ALA
Legislative
Advocacy Day rally or as stand-alone efforts to boost awareness.  Attendees
will come away from the session with a concrete plan for moving forward on
core
relationship-building activities.

This session is open to library staff and leadership, friends, trustees,
students – really anyone who support libraries!  Oh, and the one that always
works?  Well, you’ll have to join the webinar to find out!

Register now: http://bit.ly/dfNy4l

Date: Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Time: 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM EDT

You may view the latest post at
http://www.wo.ala.org/districtdispatch/?p=5147

You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates
are
posted.
Best regards,
Jacob Roberts