[Libs-Or] Live Stream of Open Science Summit

hleman at samhealth.org hleman at samhealth.org
Thu Jul 29 07:44:52 PDT 2010

Hi, all.

I just want to alert you all to the fact that info about the Live Stream of the proceedings of the conference, the Open Science Summit, can be found here:

http://opensciencesummit.com/media/

I am not one of the organizers of the conference

http://opensciencesummit.com/

so can't vouch for how well the Live Stream will go. But the presenters

http://opensciencesummit.com/presenters/

include some of the leading figures in the increasingly important Open Science movement, which is something librarians and information scientists need to know about given that it is starting to affect not just basic science but biomedical matters (like drug discovery in general) generally and is starting to catch the attention of funders and disease advocacy organizations. Here is the agenda:

http://opensciencesummit.com/schedule/

It takes July 29-31--that is this very week. I hope to follow it via the Live Stream.

What is significant is that the Open Science movement does seem to be making its mark now in medicine proper and not just chemistry, etc. For example, it is the cover story of the most recent issue of Online:

http://www.infotoday.com/online/jul10/index.shtml

(in which, incidentally, I had an article on ResearchRaven and ScanGrants--you didn't really expect me to forgo the opportunity to plug those, did you?)

End of today's lecture!

Hope Leman, MLIS
Research Information Technologist
Center for Health Research and Quality