[Libs-Or] [Fwd: [alacro-l] Special Education Assembly Meeting]

Suzanne Sager bvss at pdx.edu
Thu Jun 10 11:04:15 PDT 2010

FYI,

Suzanne L. Sager
Oregon ALA Chapter Councilor

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[alacro-l] Special Education Assembly Meeting
Date: 	Thu, 10 Jun 2010 13:59:02 -0400
From: 	Don Wood <dwood at ala.org>
To: 	<alacro-l at ala.org>

*Please distribute this information to the appropriate discussion list
on behalf of the chair of the ALA Committee on Education.*

As current chair of the ALA Committee on Education (COE) and in helping
to fulfill COE’s role of providing a networking platform for dialogues
between LIS educators and practitioners, the Committee has offered Beth
Paskoff, Director of the Louisiana State University Library and
Information Science Program, and Linda Smith, Associate Dean of the
University of Illinois Graduate School of Library and Information
Science, an open forum for discussion at the Education Assembly during
the ALA Annual Conference in Washington, DC. I am happy to announce that
both have accepted the invitation. This will enable Dr. Paskoff and Dr.
Smith to have a national platform to discuss the issues concerning their
programs and to garner the support of practitioners and others in the
library community. This also will help COE define our role in looking
into this matter on behalf of Council and in supporting the programs
during these challenges.

*Date: Saturday, June 26, 2010 *

* *

*Time: 4:00 PM – 5:30 PM *

* *

*Location: Washington Convention Center, room 149A/B*

Sincerely,

/Lynn Silipigni Connaway/, Ph.D.

Senior Research Scientist

OCLC Research

connawal at oclc.org <mailto:connawal at oclc.org>

Cell: 303-246-3623

Fax: 614-718-7378

http://www.oclc.org/research/people/connaway.htm

Lorelle R. Swader, MLS, MA, CAE
Director
Office for Human Resource Development and Recruitment (HRDR)
American Library Association
50 E. Huron St.
Chicago, IL 60611
E-mail: lswader at ala.org <mailto:lswader at ala.org>
Phone: 312-280-4278
1-800-545-2433, ext. 4278
Fax: 312-280-3256
website: www.ala.org/hrdr <http://www.ala.org/hrdr>

/"Ancora Imparo (/I am still learning....)"

-- Michelangelo

--
Portland State University logo

Suzanne L. Sager