[Libs-Or] New DVD at OSL: Technology Trends in Libraries

Jennifer Maurer jennifer.maurer at state.or.us
Tue Jun 15 15:15:28 PDT 2010

On April 9, 2010, the College of DuPage sponsored a webcast called Technology Trends in Libraries: Tools, Skills, Staffing and Training as part of its Library Futures: Staying Ahead of the Curve series.  It was made available free of charge to staff from Oregon libraries through a statewide membership to BCR (http://www.bcr.org/, which is now merging with Lyrasis), paid for by the Oregon State Library with LSTA funds.  A recording of that webcast in DVD format is available for checkout.  Running time is 90 minutes.

Evaluation Survey for Technology Trends in Libraries
If you view/ed the webcast or the DVD, please take 5 minutes to fill out an online evaluation.
http://library.state.or.us/services/surveys/survey.php?sid=325

Description from the College of DuPage Press<http://www.dupagepress.com/no_cache/library-learning-network/technology-trends-in-libraries-tools-skills-staffing-training/?sword_list%5b%5d=libraries>
"Librarians know that the target of keeping technologically current is always moving, and budgets are static at best.  Each year, College of DuPage teleconferences dedicates one program that takes a look at future technology trends and gives librarians an important basis for their planning efforts.  Libraries are both adopters and innovators, and are increasingly looking beyond the library environment for technological innovations and solutions.

This teleconference will address the current status of technology in the library and explore future technological trends as more information sources--and people-- migrate to online environments. Eric Lease Morgan, Head of the Digital Access and Information Architecture Department, University Libraries of Notre Dame, and Marshall Breeding, Director for Innovative Technologies and Research for the Jean and Alexander Heard Library at Vanderbilt University and Executive Director of the Vanderbilt Television News Archive, will explore libraries' technology future."
Requesting Materials from OSL
If you would like to request this or other materials from the State Library, please use your library's established interlibrary loan process or send your full name, the name of your library, complete title information, work shipping address, and a phone number to the document delivery department at library.request at state.or.us<mailto:library.request at state.or.us> or (fax) 503-588-7119.  Be sure to check out our Library and Information Science blog (http://osl-lis.blogspot.com/) to discover the most recent additions to our LIS collection and search our catalog (http://oregon.gov/OSL/index.shtml) for our complete holdings.

Thanks,
Jen

Jennifer Maurer
School Library Consultant