[Libs-Or] FW: Coming soon -- Gale PowerSearch enhancements

Jennifer Maurer jennifer.maurer at state.or.us
Wed Jun 23 09:32:09 PDT 2010

The Gale PowerSearch interface will be updated later this summer.  For a preview, see the announcement below or go to http://www.gale.cengage.com/Emails/10INF007/index.htm.

FYI,
Jen

Jennifer Maurer
School Library Consultant
Oregon State Library
250 Winter St NE
Salem, OR 97301
503.378.5011
jennifer.maurer at state.or.us

________________________________
From: Gale [gale.e-mail at cengage.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 9:03 AM
To: Jennifer Maurer
Subject: Coming soon -- Gale PowerSearch enhancements

See the new PowerSearch enhancements now – start enjoying them this summer!

[Gale, part of Cengage Learning]<http://www.uptilt.com/c.html?rtr=on&s=4rs,1dwmz,2z85,82zf,hdsj,m9ks,9ah7>
View as a Web page<http://www.uptilt.com/c.html?rtr=on&s=4rs,1dwmz,2z85,fbgi,kbf5,m9ks,9ah7>
Forward to a colleague<http://www.uptilt.com/c.html?rtr=on&s=4rs,1dwmz,2z85,3fou,gxcz,m9ks,9ah7&EMAIL_ADDRESS=jennifer.maurer@state.or.us&MLM_UNIQUEID=fd9fc69d4b&MLM_MID=2328443>
Join us on: [Facebook] <http://www.uptilt.com/c.html?rtr=on&s=4rs,1dwmz,2z85,1l8i,bkab,m9ks,9ah7>   [Twitter] <http://www.uptilt.com/c.html?rtr=on&s=4rs,1dwmz,2z85,5oon,mns,m9ks,9ah7>   [You Tube] <http://www.uptilt.com/c.html?rtr=on&s=4rs,1dwmz,2z85,gt93,7z15,m9ks,9ah7>      [Bookmark and Share] <http://www.uptilt.com/c.html?rtr=on&s=4rs,1dwmz,2z85,fbgi,kbf5,m9ks,9ah7>

[Search Assist — our autocomplete feature — and other enhancements you asked for are coming soon to Gale PowerSearch]

You spoke. Gale listened.

Since we launched Gale PowerSearch a year ago, we’ve continually gathered feedback from valuable customers like you. After hearing from more than 3,000 users, Gale is now adding powerful new enhancements — including faster, improved search functionality.

Later this summer, enhancements will be made to Gale PowerSearch allowing for a faster, easier way to search millions of entries and multiple online resources with just one query. Including:

  *   Search Assist: InfoTrac products will have a learning, intuitive autocomplete feature allowing users to find the exact subject, keyword, or publication for which they’re looking from a single search box, saving time and providing search functionality similar to what they experience with other web products
  *   Related Subjects: Results lists will display, by default, all relevant, related subjects and articles to help users find the information they seek faster and more efficiently
  *   Enhanced Publication and Subject Search: Additional features and limiters will be added to our publication and subject search pages along with Search Assist
  *   Language Customizability: The user interface will now support three additional languages; Chinese, Japanese and Korean
  *   New Titles: Gale is committed to growing our periodical products at no cost to you. Last year alone, more than 1,500 new titles were added — including more than 1.6 million articles.

Gale PowerSearch will continue to support existing features such as Read-Speaker audio technology, eBook cross-search, sharing tools language translation and more.

Explore<http://www.uptilt.com/c.html?rtr=on&s=4rs,1dwmz,2z85,3j15,lnyx,m9ks,9ah7> the enhanced new Gale PowerSearch features now.

[For more information, contact your Gale representative at 1-800-877-4253]<http://www.uptilt.com/c.html?rtr=on&s=4rs,1dwmz,2z85,iuxl,bob3,m9ks,9ah7>

Gale, part of Cengage Learning
27500 Drake Road
Farmington Hills, MI 48331-3535
1-800-877-GALE  [Power to the user] <http://www.uptilt.com/c.html?rtr=on&s=4rs,1dwmz,2z85,awoe,m8xk,m9ks,9ah7>
Add Gale to your address book<http://www.uptilt.com/c.html?rtr=on&s=4rs,1dwmz,2z85,laq7,k0tk,m9ks,9ah7> |  Sign up for e-newsletters<http://www.uptilt.com/c.html?rtr=on&s=4rs,1dwmz,2z85,431o,dref,m9ks,9ah7> |  Privacy Policy<http://www.uptilt.com/c.html?rtr=on&s=4rs,1dwmz,2z85,67he,7mgf,m9ks,9ah7> |  Copyright<http://www.uptilt.com/c.html?rtr=on&s=4rs,1dwmz,2z85,jc77,i7sf,m9ks,9ah7#terms?grid=10INF007>
Unsubscribe from this list<http://www.uptilt.com/c.html?rtr=on&s=4rs,1dwmz,2z85,esh6,7dp4,m9ks,9ah7&MLM_MID=2328443&MLM_MLID=138965&MLM_SITEID=6184&EMAIL_ADDRESS=jennifer.maurer@state.or.us> |  Unsubscribe from all Gale e-mails<mailto:gale.e-mail at cengage.com?subject=Global_UnsubscribeRLIS_jennifer.maurer at state.or.us>
Your E-mail: jennifer.maurer at state.or.us
[http://www.uptilt.com/images/mlopen_post.html?rtr=on&siteid=6184&mid=2328443&mlid=138965&uid=fd9fc69d4b]