[Libs-Or] FW: E-Government Toolkit now available

Arlene Weible arlene.weible at state.or.us
Wed Jun 23 16:26:47 PDT 2010

This is a follow up to my previous posting about ALA's E-government Services Toolkit. It is now available on ALA's web site:

http://www.ala.org/ala/issuesadvocacy/egovtoolkit/index.cfm

The toolkit provides information, advice, and examples of best practices libraries are using to support the growing citizen demand for electronic government services. Topics covered include:

# Background
# Legislation and Information Policy
# Civic Participation and E-Government
# Service Level Policies
# Library E-Government Services
# E-Government Related Training Programs and Services
# Building E-Government Partnerships
# Grants Supporting E-Government Services in Libraries
# Public Relations/Advocacy for E-Government Services in Libraries
# Emergency Management Partnerships with Government Officials

I hope you find the toolkit useful. If you have any feedback, I would be happy to pass it along to the committee that produced the toolkit.

Arlene Weible
Member of E-govt SubCommittee of ALA's Committee on Legislation
Arlene.weible at state.or.us