[Libs-Or] Links to recorded proceedings of Science Commons Symposium – Pacific Northwest:

hleman at samhealth.org hleman at samhealth.org
Tue Mar 9 09:47:22 PST 2010

Dear fellow members of Oregon library community:

I just want to thank those of you who took an interest in the recent Science Commons Symposium – Pacific Northwest:

http://sciencecommons.org/events/salon/

which was held February 20, 2010 in Redmond, Washington. I am happy to report that the event went so well that we plan to make it an annual event. Please do bear in mind that though it is held in the Pacific Northwest it is really international in scope.

Many of you asked if the proceedings would be taped and freely available for viewing. They were and are. Viewing them provides a good opportunity to gain familiarity with the rapidly growing Open Science and Open Data movements and their relationship with Open Access and medical research. This is something librarians need to follow as busy as we already are!

Thank you again for all your support.
Hope Leman
Research Information Technologist
Center for Health Research and Quality
Samaritan Health Services
815 NW 9th Street Suite 203A
Corvallis OR 97330
Telephone (541) 768-5712
hleman at samhealth.org
http://www.scangrants.com/

Please email me if you have trouble opening any of the links.

You can watch the recorded proceedings here:

Session 1 http://content.digitalwell.washington.edu/msr/external_release_talks_12_05_2005/18174/player.htm

Session 2 http://content.digitalwell.washington.edu/msr/external_release_talks_12_05_2005/18175/player.htm

Session 3 http://content.digitalwell.washington.edu/msr/external_release_talks_12_05_2005/18176/player.htm

Session 4 http://content.digitalwell.washington.edu/msr/external_release_talks_12_05_2005/18177/player.htm

The videos will play in any browser, but please note that you will need Silverlight and Windows or OSX for them to play properly.

Videos may be downloaded as .wmv here:

Session 1: http://bit.ly/9NJUoL

Session 2: http://bit.ly/bwuntB

Session 3: http://bit.ly/9QIt1G