[Libs-Or] Invitation to WorldCat Discovery Day, July 30, 2010

John Helmer jhelmer at uoregon.edu
Thu May 13 15:17:05 PDT 2010

Washington and Oregon colleagues,

I'd like to invite you to attend WorldCat Discovery Day, a special event
organized by the Orbis Cascade Alliance for July 30, 2010 at the
Sylvania Campus of Portland Community College in Portland, Oregon.

Designed for staff of Orbis Cascade Alliance member libraries, this
symposium aims to further understanding of the WorldCat discovery
platform. Discovery Day sessions will focus on the user interface and
its impacts on reference and instruction and the event will include a
keynote address by Lorcan Dempsey, Vice President and Chief Strategist,
Office of Research, OCLC.

IMPORTANT: We are recording expressions of interest from colleagues at
non-member libraries now and will process those requests as space
allows, beginning on June 15.  That means you can let us know you are
interested now but we won't know about availability until mid-June.
Registration will be $55.

The program can be viewed at:
http://www.orbiscascade.org/index/program

*If you would like to have us contact you with registration information
in mid-June, please fill out this brief survey:*
http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22AM9XJSNNH

Best wishes.
John F. Helmer
Executive Director
Orbis Cascade Alliance

jhelmer at uoregon.edu
v: 541.346.1835 | f: 541.346.1968
1299 Univ. of Oregon, Eugene, Or. 97403-1299
www.orbiscascade.org | summit.orbiscascade.org