[Libs-Or] Preliminary details on memorial service for Dorothy O'Brien

hleman at samhealth.org hleman at samhealth.org
Sat May 15 05:27:18 PDT 2010

Hello, everyone. As we know, our much admired colleague, Dorothy O'Brien, died this past Wednesday. Below are some of the details about the service for her that will be head this coming week. There probably will be more specific information in the local Corvallis newspaper in a few days and I will try to send a link to that.

I have had many nice notes from people who knew and admired Dorothy. And very touchingly, I have had many notes from people who did not know her but who heard of her death, read about her and took the time to write me to say what an admirable person she must have been and what a fine librarian. That is very sweet and a nice tribute to Dorothy. And it also shows what a courteous group librarians are with their time and prose and sentiments.

Here is some preliminary info on the service for Dorothy. It will take place here:

Church of the Good Samaritan
333 NW 35th Street
Corvallis, Oregon 97330

on Wednesday May 19 at 4 p.m. There will be a reception at Dorothy's house at 1457 NW 17th Street Corvallis, Oregon 97330 after the service.

Hope Leman, MLIS
Research Information Technologist
Center for Health Research and Quality
Samaritan Health Services