[Libs-Or] Survey Questions for Library Class...

Bess Korey besskorey at gmail.com
Sun May 16 17:29:40 PDT 2010

Hello,

     My name is Bess Korey and I am a Library Media Assistant student at
PCC. I have a presentation to do tomorrow night about Social Networking and
Librarians for a class and wanted to know if anyone here would be kind
enough to answer some or all of these questions to help me with my project.
Here they are:

Does your library utilize any social networking websites? If so, which ones?

Which social networking site do you prefer to use the most? Any specific
reasons that other sites may have not worked out?

How does your social network differ from your main library website?

Do you use your social networking site to field any reference questions? If
so, about how many come in a week or month?

What type of social networking policies do you have established?

What mistakes have you made with the site? Results? Or changes made to
accommodate?

How much time do you spend updating and utilizing your social network site?
Do you feel as if social networking is a worthwhile use of your time?

In general, have you had a positive experience with using social networking
tools? Is there anything that you have found to be negative or challenging
about them?

I know this is short notice, but if you would be able to get your answers to
me by 4 pm tomorrow afternoon (Monday, May 17th), it would be much
appreciated. My e-mail is besskorey at gmail.com. Thanks!