[Libs-Or] recycling media containers?

Rosemary Ross rross at cgcc.cc.or.us
Tue May 25 15:32:18 PDT 2010

I've used http://www.greendisk.com/ for recycling videos, etc. at home.

Rosemary

Rosemary Ross       rross at cgcc.cc.or.us
Director of Library Services
Columbia Gorge Community College
400 East Scenic Drive, The Dalles OR 97058
541-506-6080
541-506-6082 fax
http://www.cgcc.cc.or.us/library/

PPlease consider the environment before printing this email

>>> m m <mmannersclatsopcc at yahoo.com> 5/25/2010 12:53 PM >>>

We have boxes and boxes of various media circulation containers (vhs w/book, 8 audiocassettes, and so on.) We purchased most of these in large quantities back in the day when we thought we would be using them but with cd and dvds we no longer have any use for the older media containers.

I've offered these on list servs before and only have had a few takers, what we're looking for now is a way of recycling them.

Can anyone recommend a recycling company that we could mail these containers for recycling? How about recycling videocassettes? (Far west fibers in Portland area no longer takes them)

thank you,
mm
Mariah Manners
Tech. Serv. Spec.