[Libs-Or] FW: ASCLA webinar series: registration now open
ann.reed at state.or.us
Wed Nov 10 13:48:38 PST 2010
From: Liz Markel [mailto:lmarkel at ala.org]
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 11:20 AM
To: Liz Markel
Subject: [ascla-l] ASCLA webinar series: registration now open
On behalf of the Association of Specialized and Cooperative Library Agencies (ASCLA), I am thrilled to announce that registration is now open for our upcoming webinar series we're calling the 2011 Virtual Convergence.
Throughout the day, from Jan. 18 through Jan. 21, we'll be offering webinars on a variety of topics relevant to all types of libraries and library job functions.
It's an opportunity to take a few hours at the start of the year to focus on you and the knowledge that will help you improve your job performance, enhance your library's service delivery or take your career in a whole new direction-all from the convenience of your computer at a very reasonable price.
Registration for a single session starts at $40 for ASCLA members. Save $$ when you sign up for more than one session.
More information is available at the ASCLA website: http://www.ala.org/ala/mgrps/divs/ascla/asclaevents/virtualconvergence/virtualconverg.cfm
There's also information at the ASCLA blog: http://ascla.ala.org/blog/2010/11/vc2011-regopen/
REGISTER NOW by going to this link, scrolling down to "Virtual Convergence" and clicking "Register" at right:
I've included a list of webinar titles below, but you can download a full schedule-titles, descriptions, dates and times-here:
Please share this information with colleagues and other distribution lists that might find it of interest. Thank you!
* "Grant Writing 101"
* "Presenting Topics to People who are Autistic, Deaf, Disabled, and Non-Disabled"
* "Teaching Ophelia: Assisting At-Risk Teenagers"
* "Why Reinvent the Wheel? Tools for Serving the Fast-growing Teen Population"
* "Knowledge Management: Process and Tools for Convergence"
* "Using Learning Objects to Enhance Distance Reference Services"
* "The Disability Experience in a Post- 2.0 World: Implications for Libraries"
* "Contract Librarianship: Concepts and Strategies"
* "Accessibilty 101: Assure That Your Library Is Welcoming & Usable for Persons With Disabilities"
* "A Copyright Policy Update on Access to Information for Persons with Print Disablities"
* "Public Computer Conundrums: Policy and Program Choices That Improve Patron Outcomes"
* "How to Build a Bridge: Connecting Different Types of Libraries"
* "Starting a New Library for At-risk Young Adults in a Digitally Divided Community"
* "Libraries and Information Access for Differently-able Patrons: What We Can Do to Ensure Equality"
* "Extending Our Reach: Using Extension Programs to Promote Statewide Resources."
* "Attracting Latinos to the Library: It's All About Relationships"
* "Conducting Successful Virtual Meetings"
* "Careers in Federal Libraries"
* "How to Find a Federal Job"
* "Managing Library Adult and Family Literacy Programs"
* "Resume Writing and Interviewing Techniques"
* "Saks Fifth Avenue Service on a Dollar General Budget"
Learn more about ASCLA at www.ala.org/ascla<http://www.ala.org/ascla>.
Save money on these and other professional development events by becoming an ASCLA member now at www.ala.org/membership<http://www.ala.org/membership>, or by calling 1-800-545-2433.
Liz F. Markel, M.A.
Association of Specialized and Cooperative Library Agencies (ASCLA)
Reference and User Services Association (RUSA)
The American Library Association // 50 E. Huron Street // Chicago, IL 60611
800-545-2433 // p. 312-280-4398 // f. 312-280-5273 // e. lmarkel at ala.org
Find our divisions online at www.ala.org/rusa & www.ala.org/ascla
Want to know what we're up to daily? Subscribe to our blog RSS feeds!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or