[Libs-Or] Conversation Project application deadline extended!

Annie Dubinsky a.dubinsky at oregonhumanities.org
Mon Oct 11 09:37:15 PDT 2010

Oregon Humanities¹ Conversation Project application deadline has been
extended!

There is still time to get your community talking this fall and winter about
the important ideas in Oregon and our daily lives. Through October 31, 2010,
Oregon nonprofits may apply for Conversation Project programs that take
place between before February 28, 2011. The catalog, instructions for host
organizations, and downloadable application form are available on the
Conversation Project webpage here:

http://www.oregonhumanities.org/programs/section/conversation-project/#id21

In the Conversation Project¹s first year, nearly 100 Oregon nonprofit
organizations‹from coast to desert, and up and down the I-5 corridor‹hosted
community conversations about consumerism, Iraq, the media, globalization,
crises in citizenship, and land use, as well as friendship, morality, and
alternatives to prisons. Conversation Project programs are facilitated by
some of Oregon¹s leading humanities scholars. A program participant from the
first season recently commented, ³It was wonderful to be part of a real
conversation‹so rare these days to have a time and place to share thoughts
with other people.²

Get the conversation started in your community!

For more information about the Conversation Project and how to apply, please
contact Oregon Humanities Program Coordinator Annie Dubinsky at (503)
241-0543 or (800) 735-0543, ext. 116, or a.dubinsky at oregonhumanities.org.

--
Annie Dubinsky
Development and Program Coordinator