[Libs-Or] Final Call for ACRL Oregon Election Nominations - Deadline April 11, 2011
robinpaynter at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 12:04:36 PDT 2011
Have you been thinking about running for an ACRL-OR board position? Well,
now is the time to declare your intentions - the *deadline for nominations
is Monday, April 11 (nomination email information below)*
<mdesilva at cocc.edu>
*Still trying to decide? Consider these excellent reasons for getting
1. As Vice-President/President Elect, you’ll have a year as
vice-president to get familiar with the organization and your
responsibilities. You’ll also have the expertise of the past president to
draw on during your term.
2. Work with a fun, intelligent group of people.
3. Snacks at meetings!
4. Get to know other librarians from around the state.
5. Help plan the Fall Conference @ Menucha.
6. Lead ACRL-OR to support members’ professional needs and growth.
*So, now that you’re ready to join the cause, here are the details. Open
*Vice-President/President Elect (3 year term) (position
2 Members-at-Large (2 year term)* *(position
To nominate yourself, send an email with the following information to
Michele DeSilva (mdesilva at cocc.edu).
Please provide a biography that includes the following information (as
· Your name
· Your education--list in chronological order institutions attended,
degrees conferred, and dates awarded.
· Your present position--list your title, the name of the library
and college or university and the dates of employment.
· Previous positions, if desired--list no more than two, the most
· Professional activities, such as memberships and positions held in
national, state and/or regional library organizations (indicate name of
organization, offices held and dates of service).
· Honors, special projects, publications, and/or presentations--list
no more than two recent examples of each of these.
· Candidates for Vice President/President Elect also need to include
a Candidates' Statement explaining why you would like to be elected, which
should be no more than 200 words
· Vice-President/President Elect candidates must be members of OLA
and ACRL-Oregon and national ACRL
· Member-at-Large candidates must be members of OLA and ACRL-Oregon
*If you’d like to suggest someone for nomination, email that person’s name
and email address to Michele DeSilva at mdesilva at cocc.edu. *Elections will
be May 1 – May 20. Let us know if you’d like to run by April 11, 2011!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or