[Libs-Or] Input request regarding the Oregon State Library

Diane Ballard diane.ballard at state.or.us
Fri Apr 22 15:06:56 PDT 2011

Greetings State Library Stakeholder,

The state of Oregon is beginning the process of selecting the next State Librarian as Jim Scheppke has announced his impending retirement in December 2011 after over 20 years of state service.  We consider you to be a valuable, key stakeholder and would greatly appreciate your insight and perspective.  Thus, we would like to request a few minutes of your time to provide us with your thoughts on the attributes you believe we should be looking for in the next State Librarian to lead the Oregon State Library.  We are primarily collecting this information through an online survey, however if you would rather provide this information in another format please contact me as I would be happy to do so (i.e. in person or via telephone).

Please click on the following link by Monday, May 16, 2011 to access our survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/OSLibrary

Your response, along with the responses of others, will be compiled and used to develop an ideal candidate profile, which we will utilize throughout the selection process.  Please contact me should you have any questions or concerns in regard to this questionnaire, or the recruitment process.

Thank you for your assistance and participation in this critical recruitment,

Twyla Lawson, SPHR
Sr. Recruitment Consultant
HR Management & Consultation, DAS
503-373-7677