[Libs-Or] Call for Nominations: I Love My Librarian Award

Hope Leman hleman at samhealth.org
Wed Aug 10 13:27:08 PDT 2011

Hi, all. I came across the item below just now and am just sending it along:

Hope Leman, MLIS
Research Information Technologist
Center for Health Research and Quality
Samaritan Health Services
815 NW 9th Street Suite 136
Corvallis, OR 97330
(541) 768-5712
hleman at samhealth.org
http://www.researchraven.com/
http://www.scangrants.com/

http://atyourlibrary.org/ilovemylibrarian

I Love My Librarian Award
Nominate your librarian for the Carnegie Corporation of New York/New York Times I Love My Librarian Award!

Nominations for 2011 stay open through September 12.

Nominate a librarian in a:

School Library

Public Library

College, Community College, University Library

There are more than 122,000 libraries nationwide, and librarians touch the lives of the people they serve every day.  The award encourages library users like you to recognize the accomplishments of exceptional public, school, college, community college, or university librarians.  We want to hear how you think your librarian is improving the lives of the people in your school, campus or community.

Up to ten winners will be selected this year and receive a $5,000 cash award, a plaque and $500 travel stipend to attend an awards reception in New York hosted by The New York Times.

The award is administered by the American Library Association with support from Carnegie Corporation of New York and The New York Times

message.