[Libs-Or] iPads for roving reference services?

Sara Hatch shatch at cityu.edu
Thu Dec 8 09:08:29 PST 2011

Hello all-

My library is in the process of gathering information about the pros and
cons of using iPads or other tablets (especially windows based tablets)
for roving reference for our small academic library.  We would like to
purchase several tablet devices, but want to be sure we are aware of the
limitations (and advantages) first, so I was wondering if there are any
Oregon libraries out there who currently use iPads or similar devices
for roving reference...

If your library does use these devices, if possible I would like to
schedule a short phone interview with someone from your reference
department to talk about how they are working for you, what you
like/don't like about them... etc.

Looking forward to hearing from you.  Thanks!

Sincerely,

Sara E. Hatch

Library Technician

CityUniversity