[Libs-Or] Fwd: [alacoun] FW: [IFLA-L] Please support Save Our Libraries Day, 5th Feb

Diedre Conkling diedre08 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 11:16:36 PST 2011

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Barbara A Genco <bagencoconsulting at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 11:00 AM
Subject: [alacoun] FW: [IFLA-L] Please support Save Our Libraries Day, 5th
Feb
To: alacoun at ala.org

 Thought this would be of interest.

Barbara Genco

Councilor at Large

*From:* Mark Taylor [mailto:Mark.Taylor at cilip.org.uk]
*Sent:* Thursday, January 27, 2011 11:31 AM
*To:* 'ifla-l at infoserv.inist.fr'
*Subject:* [IFLA-L] Please support Save Our Libraries Day, 5th Feb

Hello,

Here at the UK’s Chartered Institute of Library & Information Professionals
we’re looking for help from across the globe with a day of action in support
of UK public library services. www.cilip.org.uk/savelibraries

The day is called *Save Our Libraries *and it takes place on the 5th Feb.
Internationally we are hoping for a global day of tweeting using the hashtag
#savelibraries in support of UK public library services.

Can you please encourage your community to tweet using #savelibraries about
why public libraries are so important on the 5th Feb and get global
awareness?**

We’ve put together some suggested tweets, can you encourage your community
to tweet and get involved?

Ideas for tweets:

Support UK libraries and librarians. Use your library on the 5th Feb
www.cilip.org.uk/savelibraries #savelibraries #cilip

I love my library because [fill in]
www.cilip.org.uk/savelibraries#savelibraries #cilip

I love my librarian because [fill in]
www.cilip.org.uk/savelibraries#savelibraries #cilip

Visit your library and borrow all the books! Tell everyone you know to do
the same www.cilip.org.uk/savelibraries #savelibraries #cilip

UK public libraries facing massive cuts. Save our libraries
www.cilip.org.uk/savelibraries #savelibraries #cilip

Follow CILIP @CILIPinfo http://twitter.com/#!/cilipinfo

You are welcome to use this image on your web pages if you wish to support
the day:
http://www.cilip.org.uk/get-involved/advocacy/public-libraries/PublishingImages/Save%20Our%20Libraries%20Day_202.jpg

Any ideas or suggestions to spread the word and get #savelibraries global
would be greatly appreciated.

Read a press release about CILIP’s support for *Save Our Libraries Day*:
http://www.cilip.org.uk/news-media/Pages/news110125.aspx

Many Regards

Mark

Mark Taylor

Head of Corporate Marketing & Media Relations

CILIP

7 Ridgmount St

London

WC1E 7AE

Direct line: 020 7255 0654

Mobile: 07792 635 305

*CILIP membership: an investment in your professional future*

*www.cilip.org.uk/membership *

--

*Diedre Conkling
Lincoln County Library District