[Libs-Or] A Digital Story of the 2011 Oregon Virtual Reference Summit

Emily Ford fordemily at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 13:44:03 PDT 2011

Hello Oregon!

At this year's Oregon Virtual Reference Summit (
www.oregonlibraries.net/summit) we learned about Storify.com from lightning
talker Rick Stoddart. Storify is a digital story telling tool. We thought it
was so cool that we made our own and wanted to share it with you.
http://bit.ly/r0c3yx

Storify enables users to pull in content from social media on the web and
turn the content into a story. It includes the ability to find images in
Flickr, connect with Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and many other sites. If
you haven't seen it, you should check it out. A good starting place might be
the video of Rick's Lightning Talk. http://vimeo.com/25565284

Rick also made an example Storify for his lightning talk:
http://bit.ly/paDEJt

Thanks, Rick, for teaching us!

We hope you enjoy our Storify and maybe you'll find occasion to use it for
your own library or event.

We'll see you at next year's Summit!