[Libs-Or] Problems for Corvallis-Benton County Library With youth at entrance--coming soon to a library near you?

Karen Seong KarenS at wccls.org
Mon Jun 6 10:38:27 PDT 2011

I had a chance to visit D.C. Public Library's Martin Luther King branch last spring and had a chance to meet Rebecca Renard (2011 LJ's movers and shaker awardee).  She brought together what she called natural arch nemesis (teens vs. homeless) by having them interview each other and documenting the process.  What is happening at Corvallis-Benton County Library can be an opportunity to make a positive impact  and a chance to bridge the gap between homeless teens and the community.

Karen Seong

Library Assistant
Cedar Mill Community Library
12515 NW Cornell Rd