[Libs-Or] Young Adult author presentation recommendation

Hicks, Doris doris.hicks at cityofalbany.net
Thu Jun 16 13:21:33 PDT 2011

I had a wonderful guest author, Katie Kacvinsky, whose first YA novel Awaken came out in May 2011, speak at our Library and at our high schools and middle schools.  She is a fabulous guest speaker - interesting, personable, and free - she wants to speak at libraries and schools at no charge to promote her books.  Her presentation interested adults and teens in the audience as she talked about writing, getting published, and about the plots and characters of her published and upcoming novels.  She asked me to pass along her contact information so she can arrange guest author programs in the Northwest and in other regions as she travels this summer.   She currently lives in Corvallis.  Her e-mail address is: kaz at uwalumni.com<mailto:kaz at uwalumni.com>

Thanks.
Doris Hicks
Albany (Oregon) Public Library
Young Adult Services
Spanish Language Services
541-791-0015

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail is a public record of the City of Albany and is subject to the State of Oregon Retention Schedule and may be subject to public disclosure under the Oregon Public Records Law. This e-mail, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please send a reply e-mail to let the sender know of the error and destroy all copies of the original message.