[Libs-Or] Fwd: [alacoun] ALA relief efforts at Annual-corrected message

Diedre Conkling diedre08 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 12:11:03 PDT 2011

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Keith Michael Fiels <kfiels at ala.org>
Date: Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 10:48 AM
Subject: [alacoun] ALA relief efforts at Annual-corrected message
To: ALA Council <alacoun at ala.org>

*To:* ALA Council
*Subject:* [alacoun] ALA relief efforts at Annual****

** **

Michael Dowling has asked me to alert Councilors to the fact that the
International Relations and Chapter Relations Offices will be taking in
donations at Annual for Haiti, Japan, Alabama, and Missouri.****

** **

This year, we will have two clearly marked donation boxes set up at
Information Booths in the Convention Center. All funds donated will be split
equally between the four relief efforts.****

** **

We provide information about the donation boxes in the Registration Area, in
Cognotes and at the Opening General Session. We will also include flyers
(How and where to make donations) at the Information Booths for those
attendees who would like to make an individual donation to a specific relief
effort.  ****

** **

Alabama and Missouri (Joplin) donations will be used to provide assistance
to librarians who have lost their homes or otherwise been affected by the
recent tornados. The Chapters there have set up their own donation
opportunities, so this is where we will refer interested parties after
conference. Haiti and Japan donations will be used for library
reconstruction. These donations will come through ALA, as we can provide the
most effective conduit for donations outside the United States.****

** **

Keith****

** **

** **

Keith Michael Fiels****

Executive Director ****

American Library Association****

50 East Huron Street****

Chicago, Illinois 60611****

(312) 280-1392****

*kfiels at ala.org*

** **

--
*Diedre Conkling**
Lincoln County Library District

 WAR IS OBSOLETE<http://www.facebook.com/pages/WAR-IS-OBSOLETE/297916183027>
Holding resentment is like eating poison and waiting for the other person to
keel over. - Unknown Author