[Libs-Or] Information and Action: Fwd: [alacoun] Fwd: Statistical Abstract - ALA action?

Alexey Panchenko panchenko at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 18 11:42:46 PDT 2011

I am forwarding a message from a different discussion list, including a letter to your local representatives in Congress, put together by Hailey
 Mooney, a librarian from Michigan State.  I think it is a very well-written letter that we can all use to contact our Congressmen and Senators.  The only thing I'd like to add, I think it needs to be disseminated beyond the library community.  Those of us who work with research, business  or advocacy / non-profit communities should try to make them aware of the potential loss of information access that is at stake here. I will try to circulate this letter among my colleagues and members of my other professional associations as much as possible.

Alexey PanchenkoNLM Fellow, PhD CandidateOregon Health & Science University
 Department of Medical Informatics
----------------------------------------tel: 503-805-6483panchenk at ohsu.edu oralexey.panchenko at gmail.com