[Libs-Or] $$$ Astounding Value at OLA Preconference! $$$ It's Not Too Late!

Su Liudahl opalsu at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 17:13:00 PDT 2011

*More than Book Value: promotional strategies for moving today's library
into tomorrow*
Why would *you* be interested in *marketing*, *promotion*, and *branding*?

Because:

   - These are the tools that eventually bring MONEY into your library.
   - These are the tools that shape the way your community AND YOUR FUNDERS
   think of your library.
   - These are the tools that help you REACH those community populations who
   are NOT USING your library.
   - These are the tools that COMMUNICATE THE GOOD you are already doing at
   your library.

*If you are promoting your library well, even those people who never set
foot inside will have a positive image of it... and will be more likely to
support you... in an election, in collaboration, in GIVING YOU FUNDING.*
**
Who will benefit from this preconference?

Everyone! (directors, department managers, and outreach staff in particular)

value (the sum of all tangible assets). How do we educate our community and
funders that libraries are more relevant than ever? Why promote our library
when we already have more patrons than we can handle, and staff and
resources have been cut? Because its the perfect time to show our
communities and, in particular, our FUNDERS, how essential the library is!
Marketing professionals and Librarians present strategies for promoting any
size library, building support for library funding, innovative ways to reach
and keep new patrons.

Wednesday, April 6, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM

SPONSOR: Public Library Division

PRICE: $75.00  ($45 for MLS students)

Want to know more?

Please see the attached flyer.
You may also contact me for more information.

--

Su Liudahl
Library Director