[Libs-Or] Check out this page on OregonLive.com

Maureen Cole mcole at ci.oregon-city.or.us
Tue May 10 12:16:45 PDT 2011

We have them here in Oregon City as well and our Friends have noticed a decline in donations too. One of our library board members visited each of the businesses which agreed to have a bin nearby and shared the Oregonian article with the owner. He also pointed out that the bins were impacting the Library and that what the bins seemed to advertise is a bit misleading. He had some luck in getting them to agree to move the bins to more out of the way locations, or mitigate the local impact in some way. He was pretty fired up. Most library supporters are quite dismayed.

Also I know we will at least briefly discuss this at the District level later this week at our Advisory Committee meeting.

Mo