[Libs-Or] Survey on voting in ALA elections

Erica Findley erica.findley at gmail.com
Thu May 12 08:22:09 PDT 2011

Dear Colleagues,

Hello,

Some LIS folks and I were chatting about the low voter turnout in the
most recent ALA election. Many reasons were brought up as to why
members who could vote didn't. Instead of settling for assumptions,
however, a survey was created to find the answer(s). Please fill this
survey out if you are a member of the American Library Association but
didn't vote in the most recent election. There are only three
questions on the survey, and two are optional so it will take mere
minutes (maybe even seconds, depending how fast you click and type).

Your feedback is anonymous. The results will be shared on this list.

Here's the link to the ALA Election Participation Survey: http://bit.ly/jSFMzy

Feel free to repost the link (or this message) wherever ALA members
gather. The more responses we get, the more useful our results will
be.

Thanks for your help.

--
Erica Findley, MLS