[Libs-Or] OCLC NetWorkShop: Perceptions of Libraries - Thurs 26 May 10am-noon, Multnomah County Library Central Branch

Kouretas,Daphne kouretad at oclc.org
Wed May 18 15:56:50 PDT 2011

All welcome at this open meeting about trends in information
consumption, and what it means for libraries!  Please RSVP to me
off-list if you can come.

Thanks!

Daphne Kouretas

Member Services Consultant - OCLC

Email daphne_kouretas at oclc.org

OCLC NetWorkShop:

Perceptions of Libraries: Context and Community

Thursday 26 May, 10.00am-noon, Multnomah County Central Library
<http://www.multcolib.org/agcy/cen.html>  US Bank Room

Join us for this informal, experimental, and interactive networking
opportunity/workshop to hear highlights from OCLC's recent market
research on the online practices and perceptions of today's increasingly
confident, empowered information consumer. We'll break into discussions
to explore our own experiences and interpretations of OCLC's data, and
reconvene to compare notes about what this means for library technology,
services, and outreach in the Pacific Northwest.

Together we'll consider: what's tomorrow's information consumer thinking
about, today? How and where does she seek information? What does he
think of the library? What advice do users have for us? Does the Pacific
Northwest conform to national trends?

Background: OCLC's recent market research report, Perceptions of
Libraries 2010: Context and Community
<http://www.oclc.org/reports/2010perceptions.htm> , explores the
changing technological and economic environments of the past eight
years, and how users in different life-stages perceive and use the
library. If perception is reality - or more accurately, if perception
predicts tomorrow's reality, then we need hard data about user
perceptions to guide our service development, marketing and more.

RSVP (required): Please RSVP and direct questions to
daphne_kouretas at oclc.org

Coffee and refreshments will be provided. Free to attend.

Daphne Kouretas

Member Services Consultant

OCLC

Telephone 1-800-848-5878 ext 4060