[Libs-Or] Information: Rep. Grijalva calls House Republicans’ school reform proposal “destructive”

Diedre Conkling diedre08 at gmail.com
Fri May 20 12:12:52 PDT 2011

Rep. Grijalva calls House Republicans’ school reform proposal “destructive”
Posted on May 19, 2011
by Jenni Terry

Rep. Raúl Grijalva (AZ-7), a member of the House Committee on
Education and the Workforce, today highlighted major concerns about
the recently introduced first part of an expected package of bills by
House Republicans to reform the No Child Left Behind (NCLB) education
law.

In his statement, Grijalva highlighted some of the cuts “as perfect
examples of what we should be strengthening if we want to improve
public education in this country.”

Grijlava said the plan would eliminate Improving Literacy Through
School Libraries, a $19 million program that helps schools build and
support libraries, which have long been a proven effective means of
improving student academic performance.

http://www.districtdispatch.org/2011/05/rep-grijalva-calls-house-republicans-school-reform-proposal-destructive/

--
Diedre Conkling