[Libs-Or] Please help spread the word! - Online Parent Survey Open through June 1st

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Tue May 24 12:16:32 PDT 2011

Hello!  As most of you know, Oregon libraries partnered with Healthy Start, a program of the Oregon Commission on Children and Families, the past three years on the early literacy project Reading for Healthy Families.  Our partners at the Oregon Commission on Children and Families have launched a survey intended for ALL Oregon parents with children under 10 years old and expecting parents.
The Oregon Commission on Children and Families has asked me to forward the following email and attached information about this parent survey to Oregon libraries because

1)      they want to give you a heads-up in case parents come to your library to take the survey and ask questions about it, and

2)      they want all the help they can get spreading the word to Oregon families about this survey
If you or anyone else has questions about this survey, please contact Wendy Morgan at 503-860-6836 or wendy.morgan at state.or.us<mailto:wendy.morgan at state.or.us>
Let me know if you can't open the attachments and I can email them to you directly.
Thank you,
Katie
_______________________________________
We need your help in supporting future services to
children and families in Oregon!

Please help us spread the word about an online survey to all Oregon parents of children under 10 and expecting parents.

We would like to hear from ALL parents of young children in Oregon.  We are especially hoping to reach communities that are not always fully represented, such as immigrants, faith-based communities, or communities of color.

The information from the survey will be made available for use by state and local communities for future funding opportunities and program development.

This Parent Survey has a very short time line. Please forward to your networks ASAP so we are able to learn more about your local community. May 11, 2011 through June 6, 2011.

The online survey can be found at: https://survey.emp.state.or.us/surveys/7J868P/

How can you help?

1.      Forward this email to your networks of professionals, expecting parents, and parents of young children

2.      Print the attached post card and get it in the hands of expecting parents and parents of young children

3.      Use social marketing by pasting the following in your Facebook or Twitter Status:

"Do you have children under 10 or are you pregnant in Oregon? We want to hear from you! You have a unique opportunity to inform the state about service needs and gaps in your community. Please take the time to complete the 10-15 minute online survey at "ttps://survey.emp.state.or.us/surveys/7J868P/. Please re-post and help spread the word."

4.      Advertise the survey by adding the link to the survey on your organization's website.

If you have any questions, call 503-860-6836 or email wendy.morgan at state.or.us<mailto:wendy.morgan at state.or.us>