[Libs-Or] Gale and PubMed

Jennifer Maurer jennifer.maurer at state.or.us
Fri Nov 18 13:26:39 PST 2011

Hi,

Recently staff at Gale began work to link PubMed citations to Gale full text articles when possible. Here's a progress update:
There are 456 titles currently listed in PubMed available to users through Gale's Academic OneFile database!  Gale, in conjunction with PubMed, has successfully integrated links to full text documents in Academic OneFile through PubMed's LinkOut service, allowing users greater access to full text authoritative content available in their library databases.  Gale will continue to add new titles to the linking service in the coming months in an effort to make access to all of the more than 1,000 titles currently available in Academic OneFile available through LinkOut.  To date we have already had more than 5,000 full text articles accessed in the state via the LinkOut service and are sure to see more as Gale works to support our researchers and further extend their coverage of titles indexed in PubMed.
FYI,
Jen

Jennifer Maurer
School Library Consultant