[Libs-Or] Food for Fines Impact on Fine Revenue

Leah Griffith leah.griffith at newbergoregon.gov
Mon Nov 28 14:29:37 PST 2011

We're looking at doing a food for fines in Newberg again and I know I'll be asked by the City Council about the affect the program will have on fine revenue.

For those of you that have done a food for fines, how much fine revenue did you "lose" during the time you did the program?   If you could reply with the lost revenue and how long you did the food for fines (1 week, 2 weeks, etc), that would be appreciated.

And yes, I know the good it does for the community, but in these times, the loss of revenue to the city can have an impact on book budgets, etc.  and the Council rightfully needs to know that.

Thanks

Leah
Leah M. Griffith
Director,   Newberg Public Library
503 E. Hancock      Newberg,  OR  97132
P  503.537.1256         F 503.538.9720
P Think Green - Only print message if needed and then recycle!